Can We Afford Not to Act?

In the last several years I have observed some most disturbing developments. The threat of potential global destruction due to climate change, unending wars, spiral American deficit, exponential corruption, human rights violation, the validation of American torture, extraordinary corporate greed, numerous human rights and constitutional violations, lack of governmental and corporate accountability and host of other worrisome circumstances. One thing is most pressing is that we must carefully act to insure our future.

It is the consensus of hundreds of eminent climate scientists who recently won the Nobel Peace Prize that we must act now. The head of this Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, R.K. Pachauri urged that how we develop in the next seven years will determine or climate by mid-century. He remarked, “We have to act now to price carbon and create incentives to change the way we use energy and spread technology and thereby avert nothing less than an essential threat to civilization.”

In my view these events have corroded American democracy and accelerated worldwide despair. Our current President and his colleagues has misled, and maligned by his misguided self-righteous fervor. His arrogance has jeopardized our American ideals of truth, honesty and decency. Most alarming is the Bush has ignored acting on climate change. I believe history will show this as the most dangerous precedent by our reckless President. The repercussions of Bush’s presidency will haunt our country for many decades unless we revitalize our nation.

We are facing the decline of our well being if we do not have the courage to face that we must make immediate decisions about all facets of our life. It is time to for us to do things out compassion not out of fear. We must change our way of business and this is going to be painful one way or another. Comfort is a tough thing to challenge. American is no longer an island. Everything today is global and our small actions here affect people all over the world. It is time America not just be one part but united to the greater whole this world.

Anyway I can exercise more wholesome ways to better the world. In view of what is happening how can I best go forth? I do not wish to be an accessory to American Dream that has become a nightmare. Constantly, I remind myself to find the eye of this hurricane of events so to be motivated to by inspiration not Yes there can find more comfort by a life style using less not more. I volunteer whenever I can and serve whenever I am asked if feel this is still not enough. I ask you for greater wisdom and guidance. . With sense of alertness may I pay be of greater service. May I be blessed with this purpose and find the energy to daily exercise this vow to best serve my world and myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Page County Landfill Story

Despair in Repair

Renewed Light