Consciousness of Conservation

Conservation for me is awakening.  When I observe the inter-relationships in nature all the elements work together sharing their nutrients since one organism’s by-products becomes transformed as food for another. Conserving is life process of sharing things for other beings.
 
Over the last half year I have spent much time in the woods around my home just simply enjoying this thanksgiving.   I believe there is a consciousness in conservation.   For me there is an unspoken illuminating awareness of our greater connection or collective consciousness in nature. 

"Researchers at the University of British Columbia are concluding that trees are interacting with one another in a symbiotic relationship that helps the trees to survive. Connected by fungi, the underground root systems of plants and trees are transferring carbon and nitrogen back and forth between each other in a network of subtle communication. Similar to the network of neurons and axons in the human brain, the network of fungi, roots, soil and micro-organisms beneath the larger ‘mother trees’ gives the forest its own consciousness." Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8V0IJ11Co

I invite you to explore this consciousness of conservation.  What is your experience?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Page County Landfill Story

Despair in Repair

Renewed Light