Oh Shenandoah I Love You

I feel so fortunate to live in the middle of the Shenandoah Valley. Because of this blessing I best honor this precious place that is my home.  I do this with many forms of conserving that also brings me much delight. 

When I directly preserve my valley I get inner joy from this amazing intention.  Keeping Shenandoah beautiful and green, I do my part and so reap great rewards.  The more I can show my love for the Shenandoah the better I feel.  I benefit from the land; air and water.  The greater I can show my appreciation for this place the more magical my home becomes.

Shakespeare said, action is eloquence. My choice to go beyond just these words with actual deeds gives me new freedom and possibility. Conserving my environment I act like a mother protecting her child. Such compassion, wonder, sensitivity, respectfulness, courage, love, appreciation, tenacity, and gratitude, are the liberating virtues that fully inspire me in this amazing stewardship. Creating this connection is tied to the very notion of human excellence. I flourish when I demonstrate a healthier relationship with things connected to my surroundings. 

Just a simple act like riding a bicycle instead of driving a car serves to better our world. Saving water, recycling, planting trees; there are so many ways to show I can show my devotion to  this place. My very well being is tied to how I show thanks to my beloved valley.  Things pick up in many ways when I just remove litter.  

I lead by example when I choose to become more sustainable everyday. Moreover, this wisdom results in greater well being because I become the agent of keeping things green.
Caring for the land, I tap into a higher source of happiness simply by conserving.  I reap much wealth by increasing my interconnection to my home here in this magnificent Valley.  Acting to green betters myself and all things here in the Shenandoah.



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Page County Landfill Story

Despair in Repair

Renewed Light