Regain and Sustain!


I have 24 more visits to go to radiate my prostate cancer. Now in my Autumn years I try openly to see my future. Being closed minded darkens my outlook. Cultivating greater fearlessness enlightens me to new possibilities and potential. My mental and physical health are interconnected.

 

Courting triumphant disaster my hormonal hot flashes sweats are my new angst.  Embracing the temporary nature of these aliments allow me greater learning. Embracing the whole catastrophe I merge into cosmic consciousness. Remembering it is not just my pain however the world's I find harmony. 


Our shared mental health crisis challenges us to address the reality facing us. When I don't get so identified by both my crazy thoughts and our world events I lessen my turmoil. I am just a visitor sharing our collective stardust. This allows me to let go of this since my chaos will self organize.  Discerning what I can control allows to further let go- careful to heal and not hurt.



Sadly it’s been estimated that waste may account for between one-third and one-half of all U.S. healthcare. Just baby boomer health costs will undermine country’s economic output.   This is just another example of our careless and unsustainable ways we operate. We all must be the change or we will quickly perish.


Not addressing our mental healthcare system is a major source of the problem. Such behavioral factors impact diabetes, obesity and other related diseases.   Again this is another example how our unintended consequences are bankrupting our prosperity.


Once America addresses how depression, anxiety and other ailments threatens us we will benefit.  Let's regain so to sustain!


Just recently the CEO of CVS announced that tele-mental-health visits rose from 9,000 before the pandemic to nearly 20 million today. Humans are resilient.


Investing in a more effective health care would lessen our debt with both preventative and proactive measures in all our affairs.


My greatest challenge right now is be able to go to sleep. However when I address this angst I can watch how transitory it is.  If we do not face our ills our well being will not be dis-at-ease.


I cultivate courage when I quiet my mind and listen to my heart. Facing our inner fears is the beginning not our end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Page County Landfill Story

Despair in Repair

Toxic Plastic Waste