The Joy of Being

When go to the source of my emotional pain this lessens it. Saying yes to whatever arises I lighten up.  Being mindful allows me to embrace how mindless I am. I realized appreciatively to proceed by being kind to myself. Yes we wired to be "there" instead of being "here."  My  life experience brings both the meaning in present regardless if its pleasant or not.  

In some of my darkest times I seek in another form of hereness- listening.  Also both stillness and insight is a priceless journey.

Thoreau exemplified this by stating;
Direct your eye inward, and you will find a thousand regions in your mind yet undiscovered. Travel them, and be an expert in home-cosmography.

I lessen my suffering and tap greater freedom with such introspection. Thoreau recognized simple contemplation. Travel is a matter of perspective, not location. 

For over 31 years I’ve lived alone in the woods and profoundly experienced this. I came 100 miles west of Washington DC to celebrate the wonders of the forest and its well being.

My mantra is “Keep It Simple, Sweetheart or KISS”. Thoreau advocates less is more “It is life near the bone where it is sweetest”. I focus on my needs rather than my greed by savoring the necessities, slowing down, consuming less and conserving more.

My well being is my wealth by cultivating a healthy mind, body and soul. I dedicated my life to a minimal lifestyle. Thoreau believed those of lesser means, because they are the least tied down by material possessions have an increased opportunity to live a higher existence.  

From my many thousands of hours alone in the middle in the woods I celebrate our divine web of life. Saying yes to the mystery I find the joy of being.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Page County Landfill Story

Despair in Repair

Toxic Plastic Waste