Gada

Recently I came upon my grandmother, Gada's,1905 book by Thoreau, "Walden." Living out in the woods alone for 32 years Henry David's words really resonate.

Both Gada and I shared Thoreau's love for nature. My home makes me feel in harmony with this earth.  Regenerating my spirit I feel oneness in the forest.  

Thoreau exemplified stating;

Direct your eye inward, and you'll find / A thousand regions in your mind / Yet undiscovered. Travel them, and be / Expert in home-cosmography

I interpret Thoreau as saying we can discover boundless things looking inward. I lessen my suffering and tap greater freedom with such introspection. Thoreau recognized the value of inner staycations by simple contemplation. Travel is a matter of perspective, not location. 

Thoreau wrote that the average person reading his words may not understand them.  

Every new day I rejoice the sunrise as a “morning star” heralding new wonders  to come

By slowing down, consuming less and conserving more I have an increased opportunity to live a higher existence.  

HD Thoreau greatly influenced me.  From my thousand hours in my woods. I explore inter/inner ways to connect with this divine awe.  Where do you find awe?  Within, outside or both? If you take H off Heart and place it at the end it spells Earth. Let's find this AWE and Awaken With Enthusiasm!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Page County Landfill Story

Despair in Repair

Toxic Plastic Waste