Thanks Tom

Recently, I had the honor of observing a very dear friend passing. He was kind and generous, mentoring me for 40 years. More and more of my friends are going beyond. The real takeaway is that I find liberation when I live every day as my last. 

The way reveals the way if only I get out of my way. Quieting my mind and listening to my heart I cultivate this virtue. When I get to see the gray clouds form into silver linings such insight brings me wisdom. Yes, even a rainbow happens after the Storm.

Let's remember to celebrate how much we got to live. My mentor shared before his death how lucky he was and his profound gratitude.

Each moment allows us a tidal wave of doubt or new possibility. All my years of failure come back to share their misery if I let my thoughts take over. However, I hope to transform my curses into blessings. 

A lifetime of rejection also has been filled with much joy. Feedom comes for me ignoring my mental garbage. Passing away awakens me to live, forgive, and go forth.
 
My gates of hell can open even wider unless I ignore my crazy fear. When I'm fearlessly love then my heart leads me to greater possibility, purpose, and potential. My sanity comes from letting go, allowing the chaos to restore itself. Then life's seemingly unending nightmares transform into new blissful dreams.

Accepting the unacceptable like the death of a close friend. I now celebrate his spirit from the other world to best guide me forth. As Rumi wants said, "May the beauty I love be what I do." 

The Guest House- Rumi

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
As an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Spaces Provide Great Economic Potential

Page County Landfill Story