My Three R's & Happy Returns


As a lifelong tennis player and teacher I focus on  "happy returns." There are many similarities to playing tennis and best serving. Keeping my on the ball I better serve and benefit. My ultimate game is to advance my greater purpose, potential and possibilities.

I have developed an inner game using three R's.  Quieting my mind and listening to my heart I call "Happy Returns." Below are my three R’s for increasing my well being.

1) Reduce my suffering by giving my best. I benefit since what goes around comes around.

2) Reuse my virtues kindly cultivating joy and love.

3) Recycle all sacred things and fully honoring what is here and now.

Embracing my shadows enables me to apply my 3 R's as I find peace amidst all the turmoil. This the inner game of happy returns.

There are three life struggles; one against nature; one against others and one against oneself.  Focusing on my inner health helps me accept these struggles.

Early in my life I notice my haunting inner voice.  Mostly it was filled with negative thoughts. This raised many doubts and a feeling of inadequacy.  

Coming to terms with my inner negativity I question what is true. This inside work is the source of my angst.  However, this exploration fostered self-actualization and peak experiences. Balancing clinging or aversion may I play on.  

Treating myself in this virtuous way is my micro game.  Being of service and doing what is of benefit magically reciprocates.  Developing this friendly inner feedback loop makes me happier.

Quieting my mind and listening to my heart I call "Happy Returns." Keeping my eye on my inner ball I gain new potential, purpose and possibility. 

Happy Returns is about creating an attitude of gratitude. I cherish people, energy and resources. I prosper transforming my curses into blessings.  I best serve when I reduce my suffering; reuse my gratitude; and ingeniously recycle what is sacred.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Page County Landfill Story

Despair in Repair

Toxic Plastic Waste