The simple act of regaining gives us new potential, purpose and possibilities. By cultivating virtue and ingenuity we can best give and get the best in this world. Regain and many happy returns will follow!
Asphalt Shingle Recycling: Challenges, Markets, and Innovation
The cause and effect how we use oil in American reveals both triumph and tragedy. Petroleum has been both a blessing and a curse for America. We comprise less than 5 percent of the world's population, but consume 25 percent of all oil produced or about 20 million barrels or 840 million gallons. Since 1751 when the Industrial Revolution began we used the amount of fossil fuels burned that is equivalent to all plant growth on Earth for the last 13,300 years. We use this black gold there's no end to the stuff, though experts estimate we've got 50-100 years' supply left at current consumption rates. The world is currently consuming oil at the rate of 30.2 billion barrels per year. Based on the forecasts 50 to 100 years forecast is our global supply. We, Americans consume about 20.6 million barrels of petroleum per day (7.5 billion barrels per year). Currently, about 70% of the petroleum we consume is used for transportation. Light duty vehicles and freight trucks take the...
It is a great time be thankful. Both my skin and prostrate cancer are in remission. However, I am grieving since my 41 year old friend and next door neighbor died a few days ago. Recently I have trouble sleeping at night. I've learned a technique called "box breathing." At the exhale of my breath, I recite, "peace, love and joy." I also do that as I pause, after I inhale. It works! While death is inevitable experiencing grace, and wonder stimulates living. Neither avoiding nor holding on too tight may I embrace the "now" as the journey. May I be fearless, joyful and peaceful. Fully enthusiastic may my heart be free and well! Since I will never know when my last breath will be why not then celebrate the rebirth of each in breath? Not to be morbid yet fully fearless, awake, and accepting to whatever comes my way. Otherwise my anxiety may escalate into greater fear and negative states of being. Facing my limited time here, and embracing ...
For 32 years I’ve lived alone in the woods for a great length of time. Friends would ask if I get lonely and I would reply no. In my teens, I read Walden. Thoreau concludes by acknowledging that the average person reading his words may not understand them. Every new day, I rejoice the sunrise as a “morning star” heralding new wonders to come. Thoreau exemplified this by stating; Direct your eye inward, and you'll find / A thousand regions in your mind / Yet undiscovered. Travel them, and be / expert in home-cosmography I interpret Thoreau as saying we can discover boundless things looking inward. I lessen my suffering and tap greater freedom with such introspection. Thoreau recognized the value of inner staycations by simple contemplation. Seeing things right at my home has been priceless for me. Travel is a matter of perspective, not location. With curiosity, an open mind, and a broad horizon of free time, it's possible to travel in your own backyard Every new day, I rej...
Comments