Wise Humor


I cultivate humor since having a light touch helps me to enlighten myself.  Humor helps me liberate by becoming less dense.  Also it uplifts me from the funny lessons life teaches.  I transform my inadequacies so as to reconcile both disaster and success.  Transmuting the negative with the positive I awakened to new possibilities to deal with difficult circumstances.

This frees me from my negative internal critic. Then my curses transform into amazing blessings.   Also this allows me to foster a more tranquil flow of just being.   

Listening awakens my heart to greater fun and fearlessness.   Also a courageous quality emerges within me when I laugh.  As I lightened my internal baggage I celebrate my higher self.   With less clinging or grasping I radiate a funny loving presence discarding my possessiveness.  

Being humorous magically allows me boundless creativity.  Unskillful habits become dissolved and insightful visions arise.  By dissolving my ego I celebrate a divine form of comedy.  So I find calm in being less serious and more unified.  And yes separation furthers my suffering. 

Humor enables me to see, the brilliance in a dull gray sky, These heavenly lights change my inner storm into new silver clouds.  Adopting a beginner's mind fosters a playful journey. My tragic focus diminishes. Self centeredness becomes replaced with greater  egolessness expanding my potential, possibility and purpose.

Less selfing stills my mind with a joyfill tranquility and alertness. This allows me to become more watchful, confident and relaxed. Now I am uplifted, artful, and fearlessness.  Lightening up I find a brighter experience. So not taking myself too serious wisely enlightens me to laugh and enjoy.

Adapted from Chogyum Trungpa’s  Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Page County Landfill Story

Despair in Repair

Toxic Plastic Waste